Developing target-oriented international keywords is becoming increasingly important for successful marketing campaigns for any global business. If you plan to launch your brand in a new foreign market, one roadblock on your journey to success is bad keyword translation or using the wrong keywords. This is why international keyword research must be an essential part of your marketing strategy.
Optimizing your website content to target the right customers is an integral part of any brand marketing strategy. I’m sure you have already understood the importance of local keyword research when building SEO campaigns for your home market. However, when it comes to international marketing, you can’t just translate the same keywords, cross your fingers, and hope for the best. In this article, we will discuss the importance of focusing on international keyword research.
Importance of International SEO
International keyword research helps you to achieve your marketing goals. The following explains the importance of this process:
- Helps you understand consumer intent: Learning what keywords your targeted consumers are using helps you have insights into their intent. It allows you to assess the popularity of brand-specific keywords and the existing competition for them. Finding the right keywords can have a significant effect on your marketing campaign’s success.
- Acts as a link with your targeted audience: The right keywords form an essential link between the content people search for and your website content. They decide the relevance of your website’s copy to a user’s search. Meeting a searcher’s intent has become a decisive ranking factor.
- Gives you an overview of language usage and searcher behavior: Successful international keyword research provides an insight into the different search terms and searching patterns used by your targeted consumers. You need to identify country-specific keywords that are deeply rooted in the local culture.
Understanding the Methodology of International Keyword Research
To arrive at a successful keyword analysis, the method that needs to be followed in each foreign locale is as follows:
- Research your own website and competitors’ sites for potential keywords.
- Use online tools to determine the most searched for keywords. A keyword research tool will save you hours and hours of time and supercharge your optimization efforts?
- Conduct online research on the keywords used by your competitors.
- Use local expertise to choose the right keywords. Only people who are totally familiar with the local culture will have knowledge about the best keywords to use.
- Monitor and track the performance of the keywords used to determine the international positioning of your brand.
Click on this link for an assessment of five online keyword search tools. When choosing a keyword research tool, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is a budget-friendly option desirable?
- Do you need more choice of keywords?
- Will richer international results straight from international search engines suit you best?
- Do you want a versatile cloud-based program?
- Is more than one tool required to accomplish different tasks?
International Keyword Research: Conclusion
Every region has its own local customs that affect the behavior of its consumers. Brands need to have local cultural knowledge in order to be discovered by prospective foreign customers. Simple translations of the keywords you use in your home market will not be enough to succeed in the competitive international online world. Though international keyword research is time-consuming, it will help you gain valuable clicks, achieve a stronger brand positioning, and a higher conversion rate.
For optimum website and app translation and localization, Localize is the best translation management service (TMS) around. Localize offers many features to help you put your global brand strategy into effect.